Monday, October 7, 2013

About US

FLASH BACK TO HIGH SCHOOL




We met in High School. Amber's sister Jocelyn had a class with Travis and she really thought he was a great guy for her little Sister. So she introduced us...
We dated off and on throughout High School.

What Travis says about Amber in High School: "She was and is a hottie! When we broke up in High School it didn't mean much at the time...but down the road when I got my second chance..I took it and ran with it!"

What Amber says about Travis in High School: " Travis was more on the didn't need to draw attention to himself. I thought he was really good looking and he always treated me with respect, opening my doors, and I always trusted him to take good care of me when I was with him....when my second chance came around with Travis I knew right off he is who I had been waiting for."

When we started dating again it was like we picked right back up where we left off in High School, but better!! We enjoyed being together doing anything and everything, exercising, cooking, cleaning, outdoors. We had a lot of fun!!



It wasn't long before we were talking about marriage. 

THE PROPOSAL




From Travis's point of view: " I knew I wanted to marry Amber when she came out to St. George for my softball game it was cemented in my mind. I had it all worked out. Since we had been spending every day together I told her I was going to go look at new trucks with my parents...little did she know I took them along to look at the ring. I set up a time to ask her Dad permission to marry her. I was nervous but he was awesome and we had a good talk. Then came the planning, I wanted to take her horseback riding and propose to her up in the mountains. I had my friend Brett get the horses ready for me then I waited for Amber to get off work. She got off work and I asked her if she wanted to go Horse back riding...she said " NO!, it is wet and rainy outside it really isn't a good day" I tried to convince her otherwise but it didn't work. So I had a plan B we will go for a drive up the mountains. We did and I asked her if she wanted to get out and walk to a minute. So we got out and walked up the trail...there was another couple up there so I had to wait to let them pass, we turned off the trail, by a stream and I really don't know what I said, but I got down on one knee and asked her if she wanted to marry me...and she said YES!

From Amber's point of view: " I was really surprised the day he proposed. I didn't think I would be as we had already been talking about it. But boy Travis still surprised me. I had told him I wasn't picky with my ring and didn't want him to go in debt for my wedding ring and I was okay with cheaper options.  When Travis had asked me to go horseback riding it was not a good day to me.. It was wet and cold and I didn't feel up to going. He was so sweet and took me up the canyon for a ride. We were walking up the trail and he pulled off to the side of the trail. I didn't know what we were doing but I followed. He was telling me how much he loved me and how excited he was to marry me and spend eternity with me and I was just enjoying the moment of him being so sweet, but I was getting cold so I went to put my hands in his pocket and next thing I knew he threw my hand out of his pocket and I was thinking well that was kind of rude..then next thing I knew he was on the ground asking if I would marry him...I had put my hand in his pocket with the ring!!! He told me the diamond was real and paid for and that he had it all set up for me to go design my own ring at the Jeweler  I was SHOCKED. Even though I had told him I was okay with cheaper options it really meant a lot to me that Travis got me a real diamond ring and let me design it. He knows how to make me feel special and worth it!! Love that man and his good sense of taste and style!"

Our Wedding Day


Travis on our Wedding day: " Our wedding was amazing. It was the most perfect day to marry my best friend. She was a half hour late to the wedding, so I played "Waiting on a Woman" by Brad Paisley. She is worth the wait! She looked beautiful! I will always remember that day".

Amber on our Wedding day: " First off I was late because of makeup problems. and Travis was in contact with me throughout the whole day just so we are clear. Our Wedding was beautiful and Travis looked so handsome and excited! He touched me deeply when he got teary eyed when seeing me. It was the perfect way to begin our life together. Hand in Hand, through everything together I am lucky to have my best friend at my side!"


After the Wedding


We are coming up on being married for 4 years on October 17! We can't believe how the time has gone. It has been filled with lots of good memories and hard ones! We have been able to go on some amazing trips together, endure the road of infertility, and venture off on the road of new jobs, and adoption, and Travis's diabetes. It has been quite a journey but we are grateful to have each other and we can't wait what the future brings for us!



LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL........ 

No comments:

Post a Comment